Children throughout the nation can take part in these 3 ideas for spreading SMILES in their neighborhoods: Sidewalk Smiles, go on a "Bear Hunt", and Window Rainbows. You are invited to participate to [safely] spread cheer during this time of quarantine. Details below! Also, get to know one of your favorite members of the Sunshine Team with a spotlight on Tonya Lambui.
* * * * *
* NOTE: Attention Patient Families, In an abundance of caution and in the best interest of our patients, families, and employees, we will be closing our office until at least April 30. We will update going forward as we are able. Please call our office (910.762.7736) if you have an urgent need. Thank you for your understanding. Well wishes for your family!
Please remember to follow CDC recommendations and state guidelines, so we can each do our part to reduce spread of Covid-19. (A guideline reference chart by Wilmington Police Department and a PDF of the "Stay At Home Order" FAQ is included at the bottom of this article.)
1. SIDEWALK SMILES. Many families are continuing a healthy lifestyle by still taking walks in their neighborhood. Grab your chalk and start drawing to spread SMILES for those passing by.
About Sidewalk Smiles: Write encouraging messages and draw inspiring art on sidewalks, driveways, and conspicuous walking locations. Share your chalk art on social media with #SidewalkSmiles.
PS. Stay cautious of vehicles, though! Parental guidance is recommended.
* * * * *
2. GO ON A "BEAR HUNT". Display teddy bears or a bear image in your window for neighbors to see. All can get involved in this: children, adults, and businesses!
About Going on a Bear Hunt: The whole nation is participating in this fun activity! On Friday 4/3 and Saturday 4/4, windows across America will be displaying bears for viewers to search for. Take a photo of your bears, and share the number of bears you "hunted" with #WereGoingOnABearHunt on social media. PS. Be courteous not to share addresses or go onto others' property. Click for more info on the national "bear hunt" event.
* * * * *
3. WINDOW RAINBOWS. Get those art supplies out! Children are encouraged to color pictures of rainbows and hang them in their windows for neighbors and walkers to see.
About Window Rainbows: What better way to inspire a SMILE than with a child's precious artwork? Be the "rainbow" to someone else's rain. During this time of quarantine, share beauty, hope, and encouragement in your area. Post a photo on social media with #WindowRainbows.
Rainbow Quote: "God puts rainbows in the clouds, so that each of us - in the dreariest and most dreaded moments - can see a possibility of HOPE." - Maya Angelou
SUNSHINE SPOTLIGHT: Tonya Lambui
Get to know one of your favorite members of the Sunshine Team!
Tonya serves as the Office Manager for Sunshine Children's Dentistry. She has been on Dr. Fry's team since 2000, and is happy to be celebrating two decades of service with our office! Tonya absolutely loves working with the children. She has enjoyed watching Sunshine Children's Dentistry expand over the years, the positivity of the staff, the kindness of Dr. Fry, and the caring spirit of Dr. Bradley.
Outside of work, Tonya enjoys spending time with her husband and 6 children, traveling, boating, and taking on creative remodeling projects. She is passionate about helping the children of our community and has a heart for foster children. Thank you for your service, Tonya!
* For NC Governor Roy Cooper's PDF of FAQ about the "Stay at Home Order", click HERE.
To ensure all your children’s teeth are ready to SMILE all year long, be sure to visit Sunshine Children’s Dentistry. The American Dental Association recommends oral checkups twice annually for children (and adults, too). QUESTIONS? We are a resource to you and are happy to answer any questions you may have about your child’s changing smile. We believe that oral health should be FUN and something to SMILE about! f you ever need to reach us, our number is 910.762.7736.
For more helpful resources and fun activities, be sure to read our other Blog Articles.